Dear Incoming Kindergarten Families,
We are very excited for you to join our Ridges community! As we approach the 2021-22 school year we are eagerly making plans for your child’s transition to Kindergarten. The first few days of school will look different than is typical as we ‘Ramp-Up to Kindergarten.’ Our ‘Ramp-Up’ schedule gives us time to get to know your child before being placed into their permanent classroom.
“Kindergarten Orientation Days” September 8th-10th
Kindergarten Orientation Days: Your child will spend this time doing fun activities with all Kindergarten teachers in a small group setting.
The schedule for Kindergarten Orientation is as follows (your student only attends one of these days):
- Student Last Name A – G: Wednesday, September 8th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
- Student Last Name H – P: Thursday, September 9th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
- Student Last Name R – Z: Friday, September 10th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
Students will enter through our kindergarten entrance starting at 8 am. A map with that location can be found linked here. We will have plenty of staff on hand to guide your child to our kindergarten classrooms. Following drop off, Mrs. Mitchel (our associate principal) and I will meet with parents under the covered play area for a Welcome and Q & A session.
“Ramp-Up Days” September 13th-15th
- Monday, Sep. 13th & Tuesday, Sept. 14th – all children attend the full school day (7:55am – 2:15pm). During these two days, students will spend time in each kindergarten classroom with a variety of students and staff.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15th – No school for kindergarten students – teachers will thoughtfully create balanced classes and prepare classrooms. Kindergarten class lists will be emailed by noon.
- Sept. 16th – Kindergarten students begin in their assigned classrooms (7:55am – 2:15pm).
Additional Important Information
- Masks are required for all adults and students in the school building. It’s a good idea to keep an extra or two in your child’s backpack – we have plenty to share, as well.
- Please send a healthy, nut-free snack, with your child each day.
- Your child is welcome to bring a lunch from home, or school lunches will be provided as well. All school meals will be provided at no cost for the 21-22 school year. If your child needs lunch, just have them let their teacher know when they arrive at school, and we will make sure they get a meal during their lunch break.
- Please do not bring your child’s purchased school supplies until the first day in their permanent classroom (Thursday, Sept. 16th).
- Please fill out this Go Home Survey to let us know your child’s end-of-day transportation plans for the Orientation and Ramp-Up days.
We are looking forward to a great year in Kindergarten!
Miranda Johnson & Amy Mitchell